Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A lot has happened!!

Time sure does fly!!  I can't believe it's been so long since my last post.  The best thing that's happened since last time is that I have my first recruit!!!  So please help me welcome, Charlotte Hondl from Dickinson, ND to my team!  I've known this sweet lady all my life and she is ecstatic to be become a part of Stampin' Up!  She took advantage of the new $99 starter kit and completely customized it to fill her needs. She also earned the entire Patio Party suite for free, available only this month.  What are you waiting for?  Take the jump and join me in the most exciting creative company out there.  Click here to join my team! 

So last week I spent days preparing decorations for the surprise party I threw for my parents 40th anniversary and my dad's 60th birthday.  My mom was partly in on the surprise because she thought it was only for my dad's birthday!  Well, I pulled one over on her too!  It was great to see friends and family for a happy occasion. 


So the first picture here is the invitation I sent out that was created partly with MDS. Gotta love the versatility of MDS! 



 
Now we have the decorations....wasn't what I had originally planned but had to make some last minute changes.  You may recognize the similarity from the catalog.  Check out page 194.  I made 11 totally different ones for the tables.  Here's a bit of advice.  When using hot glue do not mix with any other types of adhesives such as gorilla glue.  Ends up with a volcanic reaction and quite a mess!  My dear aunt Georgia was kind enough to help me assemble these the morning of the party.  I added the wheat for a little country flair as my parents are farmers. 





And last I am proud to say I was able to get a five generation picture.  My dear great-grandma is 97 years old this year. 



Thanks for stopping by! Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment