Monday, June 25, 2012

Lovely as a Tree

Even though the sentiment on this card states its for fathers day, it can easily be changed for a birthday, anniversary, or a sympathy card.  This is one of my first sets so I hope this stamp set is never retired.  It is just a good basic set to have.  I used the "thumping" method for coloring the tree.  Using the fat end of the Stampin' Write markers I hold the marker like a drumstick.  Start with the lightest color you want to use and thump across your stamp.  Once you've applied a good amount of color switch to your next darkest color and repeat the process until you've applied about three different colors and have covered your stamp.  It gives the best coloring effect for fall trees.  The three colors I used were more mustard, old olive, and cajun craze. 




Cardstock:  Early Espresso, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, and First Edition specialty DSP

Stamp set: Lovely as Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Accessories:  word window punch, modern label punch, 3/16" metal brads, Big Shot!, stripes embossing folder, labels collections framelits


On another note, I have quite a bit of retired inventory that I will be listing over the next week whether it is stamp sets, DSP, or accessories. If there's something that you've been looking for send me an e-mail and I'll let you know a price.  karlita@tctwest.net  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment