Sunday, May 20, 2012

My first hybrid project!!

Now you say, "what's a hybrid project?"  It's a combination of traditional card making and digital crafting.  I needed a graduation card as our sweet baby-sitter is graduating from high school today.  I didn't have any current graduation stamps so decided to dig into My Digital Studio (MDS) program and combine the best of two worlds.  I love the medallion stamp and since its retiring I decided to incorporate it too! 



I've learned some handy tricks taking an on-line class that's being offered by an awesome Canadian demonstrator, Heather Summers. You can check out her blog here.  The digital stamp set I used was Great Grads.  I manipulated the image so that the circle "G" became part of the word grad.  Then I added a red circle behind the image.  I copied several of the same images on an 8-1/2 x 11 page (needed enough for my stamp club girls) and then printed them on my home computer.  I absolutely love the final product!  Will definitely being doing more of this again!! 

Printed off a saying for the inside


Cardstock:  Basic black, Whisper white, Red glimmer paper, Silver glimmer paper

Stamp set:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Medallion

Accessories:  Silver embossing powder, Heat tool, Brights & basics glimmer brads,  1-3/4" scallop circle punch, 1-3/8" circle punch, word window punch

If you enjoy what you've seen on this project, stay tuned for some upcoming classes that will offer you the basics and some special tricks to using MDS (My Digital Studio).  In the next few days I also get to show you the project that I've been working on. My parents finally received it in the mail :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment