Thursday, May 31, 2012

Teacher year end gift!

I am just so tickled pink for my daugher to give her teacher her gift tomorrow as its the last day of school here.  I wish I had more time to make some for other teachers but as my time goes, there's not enough of it during the day.  Have I mentioned how much I love using the MDS program.......I created this project this evening in about 2 hours!  Talk about handy and very personal.  I really wanted to make my own matching envelopes and then use my diagonal tool on my Simply Scored Scoring Tool but I was afraid my husband would have a coronary printing all those up and "wasting" ink.  

My first step was to create the card in a 2-3/4" x 5-1/2" format.  This way I could copy and paste the same card on an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock and print off six cards on one sheet.  That is if your printer would allow you to print without any borders.....mine does not allow that, so I had to improvise.  I do believe I will be in the market for a new printer...possibly wireless too :)


Then on the back I added an extra little sentiment....




Since I wasn't able to make the cute matching envelopes I substituted and made a coordinating label that I attached to the 3x3 envelopes.  She can then write the students name on the label. 




Then I made a standard box and decorated with some teacher appropriate DSP and voila! 



Tomorrow is the first day of the new catalog, can you believe it?!  I am so wanting to purchase some new stamps I can't stand it!  So don't forget it's available tomorrow starting at 12:00 noon MST.  Until next time, happy stamping!



No comments:

Post a Comment