Sunday, February 5, 2012

Challenging card!

Have you ever known the kind of card you wanted to make but it doesn't work the way you want it too?  When it comes to creating things for my club girls I have so many things I want to show them.  But we have limited time and you have to consider the holiday we're concentrating on and what promotions are going on too.  So I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone when I thought up this card.  WOW!  This tasked my brain today!  If I centered the treat cup then I couldn't reach the punch to the middle of the card to make the circle where you'd get the M&M's out.  So I moved it higher and then ran into the problem with attaching the back easel part.  It didn't cover the hole that I had punched on the front......and I didn't have a way of stopping my pull tab from going too far because there was no paper to mount too.......anyway, after much tearing apart and re-attaching I finally came up with the below product. 




Directions for creating an easel card or many other creative folds can be found on Splitcoast Stampers here...

Cardstock:  Riding hood red, basic black, very vanilla, First Edition Specialty DSP

Stamp Set:  Teeny tiny wishes, Sweet centers, I {Heart} Hearts

Accessories:  Black embossing powder, Heat tool, Embossing buddy, basic black, 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, basic black 5/8" satin ribbon, word window punch, modern label punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, scallop trim border punch, fashionable hearts embosslits die, Big Shot!, and sticky strip!

Have a great week everyone and make sure you get some time in for yourself to stamp a little!  XOXO  Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment