Of the different cards I've taught the club girls, this one has been the most popular and repeated. It can be used for any occasion where you're giving a gift card....change out the paper and the saying and there ya go! My daughter's been invited to a birthday party so hence we have a young girls card.
* Cut a piece of cardstock (CS), mine is soft suede, to 5-1/2" x 7-3/4". Score at 4-1/4" and 6-3/4". Fold along the score lines to form a "Z".
* Make a scallop trim border on the 1" panel
* Place a piece of patterned DSP that is 3" x 5-1/4" to the top section (the 4-1/4" wide panel). There will be an empty gap between the bottom edge of the DSP and the score line.
* Place sticky strip at the very edge of the middle section (the 2-1/2" panel) on both the right & left edges. Peel the red backing off and seal your card.
* Cut a piece of coordinating CS that is 2-3/8" x 5-1/4" and mount on the outside of the 2-1/2" panel leaving an even border on the bottom, left & right sides. Cut a coordinating piece of DSP to 2-1/4" x 5-1/8" and mount on the bottom panel over the piece you just cut.
* Take a 20" piece of ribbon and run under the scalloped edge. Bring to the front and make a bow. Secure the bow to your CS with a glue dot. Run sticky strip on the back side of your scalloped edge. Peel the red backing off and secure to the 2-1/2" panel.
* Using the top note die cut out a whisper white piece of CS & another piece of coordinating CS. Trim around the whisper white CS leaving an 1/8" border so you can mount to your coordinating CS. Stamp your sentiment in the upper right hand corner. Attach your gift card with mini glue dots and insert into your pocket card. Voila!
* To create a coordinating envelope attach DSP to the lip of your envelope with Tombow glue. Trim around the border of your envelope. (**HINT** make sure your DSP isn't upside down before you attach to your envelope)
Cardstock: Soft suede, calypso coral, whisper white, and Sweet Shop DSP
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny words
Accessories: Scallop trim border punch, calypso coral 3/8" ruffled ribbon, Big Shot!, Top note die, Sweet shop designer stickers, sticky strip and glue dots
If you have any questions regarding this tutorial, drop me an e-mail, email@example.com Remember to check out my SU website for the newest classes being offered. Have a great week!